Friday, April 11, 2008

Hot Topic Didn't Have Shit on Abercrombie and Fitch

People are often aghast that I worked at Abercrombie and Fitch for some time during the 1990s.

It really wasn't that strange.

I was hired because of hardcore. Through hardcore. There were plenty of "regs" or "norms." But a good bit of us were involved in hardcore. Skateboarding. Punk rock generalists. I've heard that term before.

Denise, Ryan, Heather, Ryan, Colin.

It was a good job. Cheap clothes. Little to no work required. Little to no interaction with the general public. Hot girls. Hot "reg" girls.

This is where I learned Prema had turned to art rock. Ryan had never been Krishna. And the Foo Fighters and Cardigans were both pretty awesome.

Prema - Drivel. I am pretty sure this is out of print. If not. My apologies. More people should be hyped on this record. In 1996 it was way ahead of anything else going on in hardcore. For Marcus.

2 comments:

Sound And Fury said...

haha,good band. my friends used to make fun of my prema shirt.

Handsome Pete said...

There is no shame in Bucks County hardcore.