Monday, April 28, 2008

Day Five

Freshman year. Day five.

Ben. Mike. I met Jen.

She was a sophomore. She mentioned my Strife sweatshirt. Or some other piece of straight edge wear. I met Lane through the Strife sweatshirt. Probably confusing my memories.

Jen lived down the hall. She was from Allentown. Emmaus. She was into hardcore. Had been. You wouldn't have known. At least. What I thought a girl into hardcore should look like.

Or would look like.

She wasn't involved in the scene at school. In town. But had been involved during high school. She loved Blindside. Pinstripe. Lifetime. Turning Point. I have the Turning Point tape. A black tape.

She dated McCabe. Slept with. One or the other. Both.

I knew Sean. It made me slightly uncomfortable. Briefly.

We ended up dating. For a year. Through the summer. Visited her in Lexington. Internship.

I sold out while we dated. I'm sure it played a role. Girls often do.

Ten years later. I finally stopped.

I was kicked out of housing. At the end of the year. Not ten years later.

Ink & Dagger - The Fine Art of Original Sin
. Originally picked up at Generation Records. Sold. Re-acquired during the Initial Records sale at Very Distribution.

2 comments:

Brett said...

who is the Jen from Emmaus? Wadell?

Handsome Pete said...

Yes. Jen Waddell. Wadell? I forget the spelling.

We dated my freshman year at Syracuse.

I last heard she was living in Oregon. Possibly at her dream job.

But I cannot verify that information.