Wednesday, April 2, 2008

She Hates Them (But Not as Much as I Hate Mates of State)

I got to the Khyber around six. The show was at eight. Or nine.

First in Philadelphia. First U.S. tour. I assume so.

I don't know how it happened. But I had been buying every single from the U.K. as they were released. Where did I hear of them. Q?

Incredible debut.

Cathy met me at the show.

I saw Joe. He told me to go see Stellastar* in a week or so. I didn't go.

I hadn't been this excited for a show. In a long time.

Scarves. Helmets. Drums. Plant life (faux) Marching.

British Sea Power - Do You Like Rock Music? Used at AKA. One of the best bands of the oh-ohs. Don't listen to Cathy.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Always listen to me. I like TV on the Radio

Handsome Pete said...

You're a troublemaker.

Anonymous said...

DL'd "Waving Flags" from eMusic for free a few months back (Daily Download). I've since purchased "The Decline of British Sea Power". Always saw it at Amoeba Records and heard how good they were, but never braved the voyage myself.

Dig these guys.

Handsome Pete said...

I like the new record more than Open Season. But Decline of is still my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Atom's the shit, too...