Saturday, April 26, 2008

He's Not Very Popular

No one buys his albums. Stateside. Yet. Pete Doherty gets a lot of press.

Blog press. Tabloid press.

I don't know numbers. But. I can't imagine The Libertines. Or Babyshambles move a lot of units in the United States.

Still. I read something almost every day about him. Kate Moss. Really that big to warrant this focus? It starts with that. Started.

Now. His own celebrity. Winehouse. I understand. She sells a lot of records. Here. Abroad. No one knows him here. On that level. At least.

The whole thing. Fascinating.

Maybe it's what I read. Although most people I know. Know Pete Doherty. Not necessarily his music.

Is there anyone else like that? Has there been?

Babyshambles - Shotter's Nation
. Best Buy gift card. Thank you Andrew.

No comments: