Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Body Glove Corey Glover

A lot of memories from Moorestown. New Jersey.

The house where Christian set a paper mache egg on fire. In the middle of the table. Running fingers through candles.

I also have a handful of music memories from the living room.

I think we only watched MTV. Or. Mostly MTV.

My earliest memory of AC/DC. My earliest memory of Elton John. And also my first exposure to the word gay. As explained to us by Irene. During that earliest memory of Elton John.

And my earliest memory of Living Colour.

Cult of Personality. And Body Glove wet suit.

Christian enjoyed surfing. The wet suit stood out. Less for it being ridiculous. More for it being related to surfing.

I bought the tape. Well. My mom bought the tape. Shortly after the visit.

Living Colour - Pride. I'd really like to get my hands on the separate albums as well. In compact disc form. Not cassette.

[Image via pics.summitonline.com]

2 comments:

Matt Wrote This said...

I have Vivid and Stain, but not the Biscuits EP or Time's Up(it's sort of why I bought PRIDE, so I could get the songs I liked but didn't have from Time's Up). When I saw them in concert on their reunion tour a few years ago, I had COMPLETELY forgotten about the song "Elvis Is Dead", which may have become my favorite LC song after "Mind Your Own Business" from Stain. I also bought their last release, Collideoscope. It's okay, more along the lines of Vernon Reid's Mistaken Identity album, but with Corey obviously singing.

and in case you hadn't heard, Corey is touring with a production of Jesus Christ Superstar right now.

JSCTour

Handsome Pete said...

I had everything but Collideoscope at various points of my life. Most of it on tape. Except for Stain.

I didn't really like Stain at the time of its release. But I'd probably appreciate it more at this point in my life.

I tend to appreciate more as I get older. When my tastes aren't so limited.