Thursday, April 3, 2008

I Listened to Them Before My Mom

Seth. The Buick. And me. We took one of our trips to Positively Records.

I had a good deal with Positively Records. The same deal they had with everyone.

I had a habit. And still do. Of buying a lot of compact discs based on cover art. Word of mouth. Labels. Thank yous. Etc.

This would result in occasional sell-offs.

(Thankfully I don't buy too many "misses" anymore.)

The sell-offs were mutually beneficial. To me. And Positively Records. The cash or credit went right back to the store.

I purchased Kerplunk! I made Seth listen to it. I don't think he was impressed.

In a year's time. Dookie would make them rock stars.

Fittingly. Kerplunk! was sold years ago. I picked it up two weeks ago. Sadly. The Reprise release. Posing hard.

Green Day - Kerplunk! Purchased. Sold. Purchased again. Best Buy gift card. Thank you Andrew.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup! That's the one I'm talking about. Viva el Buick!

Handsome Pete said...

I'd like to do a "Where is she now?" retrospective on the Buick.

Anonymous said...

...car heaven... or ...car hell...

Anonymous said...

Ya know...I can honestly say this is THE only Green Day album I've enjoyed. Not even "American Idiot" did it for me. Love that bass line in "Welcome to Paradise".

Anonymous said...

Sheeet...and they even covered The Who. God bless. I've been toying with the idea of covering that song in my band. So much for that now. We'd look like Green Day wanna-bees. Oh wait... No, that's right...how could I forget? We're Weezer wanna-bees. :P But I'm still gonna call myself "theOX" dammit. 'Cus I don't give a f*ck.

Handsome Pete said...

theoHUX.

Anonymous said...

Ah, Green Day. What a joy. Listen to this record again is almost as much fun as seeing them play in Allentown at Barron's Beach Club, which was just this cement square with sand on it. I bought the last ticket. And then we talked to Mike Dirnt later.

1994!