Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Silver Pants

I went with Jessica. Evan. I'm not sure who else.

The show was at the Trocadero.

I had never seen them before. And I was just as excited for one of the opening bands.

Sunny Day Real Estate.

I bought my first Velocity Girl album from Jessica. At the Newtown Record Exchange. There were a lot of songs I didn't like. I was mostly into the songs that sounded like My Bloody Valentine. At least to me.

Thrasher introduced me to them. Sounds. What stuck out. And sticks out. The column stated they were named after a Primal Scream song. This was a selling point then. I'm not sure why. My Primal Scream listening was limited to Screamadelica. I didn't get really into them until college. In fact. Loaded annoyed me.

But there I was. Buying an album. Because of Primal Scream. Ultimately seeing a show. Because of Primal Scream.

Sunny Day Real Estate were great. So were Velocity Girl.

I fell in love with Sarah Shannon. In my high school mind I thought this was entirely plausible. I really only fell in love with her silver pants.

Velocity Girl - Gilded Stars and Zealous Hearts
. Purchased on eBay. Long after their demise. My listening had initially stopped with Simpatico! This isn't bad. But. I would have been OK if I stayed with Simpatico! For Marcus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So wrong, but oh so funny.

Unknown said...

I hate myself for not knowing this band earlier. I can't find this album

Handsome Pete said...

Shoot me an email at hedancesfornickels@gmail.com and I can try to help you out.