Sunday, April 13, 2008

From Kraftwerk to Can to AKA

Looking at the box set wall at AKA. Motorhead. Nuggets. Pet Sounds.

They caught my eye. Not a box set. Remastered compact discs.

More Krautrock.

I was interested. Building on Kraftwerk. And to a greater extent. Can.

It seemed darker. I had no reason to believe this. Beyond the name. I had never heard them.

This was a couple of year ago. One of those bands that I wanted to buy. But never got around to it.

For Christmas 2007 those were the compact discs I asked for. The should have discs. But didn't discs.

Finally. Soft Machine. The Easybeats. Sparks. And Faust.

All long overdue.

I have a new list. In my head. Neu. Hawkwind. Gong. Magma. Another time. Another Christmas.

Faust - Faust / So Far
. Christmas 2007. From Andrew. For Matt. For Mike D.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doood. If you're into this album you need to get Zappa's "We're Only In It For the Money". 'The Chrome Plated Megaphone of Destiny' inspired all this stuff.

Handsome Pete said...

I'm down with Zappa. Courtesy of M. Gioella.

And a semester at home.