Friday, April 18, 2008

One Day I Stopped Breathing

Paging through the Sup Pop catalog.

It must have been 1994. Since I bought a promo of Diary during the 1994 World Cup in Dallas, Texas.

Paging through the Sub Pop catalog I came across a seven inch. Sunny Day Real Estate. Released on One Day I Stopped Breathing.

The description. My first encounter with the term "Emocore." There was a definition. Emotional hardcore. Or something to that extent.

Mentioned: Fugazi. Shudder to Think. I said to myself "I guess I listen to emocore." I didn't buy the seven inch.

I discovered I had been listening to a lot of "emocore." Until I heard the word. To me it had been punk or hardcore. Lifetime. Evergreen. Embrace. Rites of Spring.

Sunny Day Real Estate - Diary
. Picked up this copy at Generation Records. I liked it better when social outcasts ruined goth culture. For Aileen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Thanks so much. I'll rock out frequently.

Handsome Pete said...

I am here to help.

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks Pete! I've been meaning to get this album for years.