Monday, April 7, 2008

You and Me and The Guy From The Sparks, Hanging Out With Howard Marks

On first listen. None of this meant anything to me.

At some point I learned who Howard Marks was.

At another point I learned what Sparks was. Who.

At yet another point I read Mr. Nice.

(Everyone should. Fascinating read.)

Finally. For Christmas. 2007. I received my first Sparks album. Ten. Eleven years. In the making.

I like to think this meeting actually took place. I bet it did. If it didn't. I don't want to know.

Sparks - Kimono My House. Charles, Jeanne, Christmas, 2007.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny. I always wondered who that guy was on the cover of Fuzzy Logic. Always reminded me of the Man of a Thousand Faces. Now I know.

Is the audiobook of Mr. Nice just as good? It's abriged. :(

Handsome Pete said...

I never listened to the audiobook.

But I can loan you the book itself next time you head east. It currently resides at Chez Dyer.

Anonymous said...

Doood. What you got me listening to here? It's like ABBA meets Rush meets Japan.

Anonymous said...

You can Yoko to that list. Her more Pop-friendly tunes that is. Think Walking on Thin Ice.

Handsome Pete said...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Anonymous said...

Did I just hear a Snow Patrol riff. Well, I mean, did I just hear Snow Patrol rip off of Sparks. Wicked.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I enjoyed it. Would've been a better experience on vinyl though. Digital doesn't do it justice.