Friday, April 18, 2008

I Didn't Know What It was Until the Rentals Put Out an Album

So began my Moog fascination. Not that I can play. Care to play. Or will every play.

I loved that first Rentals record. I never heard anything else.

I had already been into the sound. I just didn't know it. I had be picking up Stereolab releases from 1993 on. The Group Played. Space Age Bachelor Pad Music.

Now the sound had a name.

The fascination peaked a few years later. When I was purchasing anything and everything related to Momus. Kahimi Karie. Laila France. And things marginally related. Cornelius. Takako Minekawa. Buffalo Daughter. By marginally. I mean Japanese.

The fascination may not be what it once was. The interest will always remain.

Super Furry Animals - Moog Droog. From eBay. Many years ago. For Mike D.

No comments: