Monday, March 31, 2008

Parking Was Easier

We would often go to New Hope for our counter-culture needs.

Zipperhead. Spinsters. And little to no parallel parking.

That. Making it a more desirable destination. Over South Street.

It was a two-door. 1983 Buick Regal. I was not ready for the parking challenge. With that car. On the streets of Philadelphia.

I left those trips to Mike A. Or the R3.

Walking up and down Main Street in our suburban South Street. I was usually there for Zipperhead. And Spinsters.

I never bought much at Zipperhead. Doc Martens. A chain wallet. There was a Suede t-shirt I always wanted. Before the London. From the debut. I never bought it.

Spinsters. I spent a lot of money. Joy Division. Shelter. Red Red Meat. Godflesh. 108. Nine Inch Nails. Gorilla Biscuits.

Gorilla Biscuits - Start Today
. I believe there is a new mix of this compact disc. From the past few years. Mine dates from 1994. For Colin.

4 comments:

colinmcsherry said...

thanks 4 this one!

Handsome Pete said...

I imagine you share my affinity for Zipperhead.

J-Man said...

Spend more on Nine Inch Nails less on chain wallets. Reznor originally came from Sharon, PA. Close neighbors due east of my current domicile, Hubbard, Oh (My empire of dirt).

Handsome Pete said...

I'm sure a Nine Inch Nails post will surface if requested by friends and family. Or if I find a non-scratched copy of Fixed in a bargain bin.