Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Try Running In My Shoes

The invitational was at Fairmount Park. This seemed convenient as the concert was at the Spectrum.


In an ideal world the Buick would have made the trip. However. Harry Fisher had other plans.


I was to ride the bus with the rest of the team. As a teammate.


School bus to Fairmount Park. A Laidlaw? From there. A ride back with my parents. Quickly change. Back to Philadelphia. And to the Spectrum.


But before that point. The invitational.


Belmont Invitational. I think.


At this point I had already accumulated enough points to letter. I had no plans to over-exert myself.


I remember a gray day. A rocky slope. Also gray. I spent the race hanging towards the back. Talking to one of the runners from another school. Jamie. From Truman. This was standard. After I lettered of course. Only after.


Everything for college applications of course.


The race ended. And I raced home. Then to the Spectrum.


Mike D. Kim V. Heather G. She was the wild card.


The The opened. I didn't care for them before. Or after. Officially I still don't. But thanks to M&Ms I've considered re-examining their catalog.


Depeche Mode - Construction Time Again. Christmas gift. For Dave M.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... yeh, I remember this show. Heather was the wild card, wasn't she. I still swear she was into me at some point. Chad likes to call bullsh*t. But why else would she have gone to this concert, I ask you? I was the one who invited her. Too bad I was always chicken sh*t to try anything, though.

BTW: I'm pretty sure I still have the hu-gigantic DM poster I bought at the concert. Who wants?

Handsome Pete said...

I'm with Camilli.

Well. Did she pay for her ticket? That could make a difference.

As for the poster. I have walls. Bare walls.

colinmcsherry said...

i wasnt there, but i call bull too.

Handsome Pete said...

3-1 "Bull" is in the lead.

Anonymous said...

Yeh, good Q. I really don't remember. That was (at least) 13 years ago. I DO remember us becoming friends after doing a Spanish project together. Talked on the phone and hung out quite a bit. The rest is foggy.

Remind me next time I'm home to dig up that poster, Pete.

Anonymous said...

Just got the title of this post. Clever.

Handsome Pete said...

I became more than friends with my Spanish project partner.

I hope he reads this.

Anonymous said...

Seth "Sex" Alberts? haha

Handsome Pete said...

No. I am referring to the silver fox who lived around the corner from you.

Anonymous said...

Mr. -licious, 13 years later, I still stand by my call of bullsh*t. No hard feelings...it's just the correct call for this situation.
Camilli.