Friday, March 28, 2008

I Have the Blanket: The Day Before

They arrive in Syracuse. The show at the Wescott Community Center.

Their new clothes. A result of a "shopping" trip to the Carousel Mall. Banana Republic in particular.

After Botch. Syracuse hardcore called it a night. Their love of Sean well documented over the years.

Leaving University students behind. With a few exceptions.

After the show. To Perkins. Supporting Syracuse area Denny's. Supporting racism. I think Redcheeks was there. An O'Hare? Trevor. Not Justin.

Me, Sean, Ryan went looking for beer. I was underage. Without ID. There were others with us. Choose from Sean, Brian, Eric, Adeet, John. One or two. Not all.

During the ride I was introduced to Thrill Jockey Records. In the form of Tortoise. And Trans Am. A window to the future?

Wegmans seems like a good option to pick up beer. Ah. Too late. We wandered the store.

Ryan and Sean continued to "shop." Shortly thereafter we were thrown out. Asked never to return.

I continued to purchase my groceries from there.

The beer run a bust. More Tortoise. Some of the car content with a joint.

Back to my apartment. I decided to sell Sean my Tricky vs The Gravediggaz CD EP.

Terrible decision.

Ink & Dagger - Drive This Seven Inch Wooden Stake Through My Philadelphia Heart. If you don't have this. You should. Well. Maybe not everyone. For Tom.

No comments: