Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Farside Meets Snapcase

Compuserve took me online.

It was a Usenet group. Not the sxe-l.

She lived in Victoria. Near Vancouver. A few years older than me. And a lesbian. At least bisexual. No romance.

She sent me a mix tape. Copper. Evergreen. And Falling Forward. There's more. It's at my parents.

She traveled to Philadelphia with her friends. Breakwater. There is at least a demo.

Me. Colin. Steve. He passed away. I think Steve was there.

Where the show was? I don't know.

Elements of Need. Mandela Strike Force. Picked up a two-song tape. With crank/prank calls.

Prank or crank.

I bought the Swing Kids seven inch on Kidney Room. From Razzle. And the Elements of Need/Jasmine split seven inch. "Jasmine?" "They're like Fingerprint."

Colin bought the Downcast seven inch.

The show was upstairs. Somewhere.

I had a Frail shirt on. Possibly the first design. An early design. Green ink. DIY. Don Devore "I'm in Frail." I didn't really have anything to say on the subject.

We left late. I'm sure I came home late.

Falling Forward - Hand Me Down
. The Very catalog said Farside meets Snapcase. That could be wrong. I ordered it. Sold it. Downloaded it. From Gina. Bought it again. From Very. Fourteen years.

2 comments:

colinmcsherry said...

what show was it that we saw in someones small philly rowhome, where the singer (blackguy) kept getting nasty shocks from the mic, and then got shut down by the cops?

Handsome Pete said...

I think it was on Rodman.

Chokehold and Frail were supposed to play. I forget who else.