Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Minor Threat, 7 Seconds, S.S.D.

I never really listened to 7 Seconds or S.S.D.

At least not until recently. Recently being the past few years. Minor Threat was a staple.

I never knew much about 7 Seconds. A song here or there. Most of my exposure was through Sessions advertisements in the back of Thrasher. The rows of shirts. Bootlegs I'm assuming.

Now that I'm older. And aware of these things. Then it never mattered.

I knew a lot of people who liked 7 Seconds. Predating my ability to differentiate hardcore from punk rock. They. We. Were all into skateboarding. And pre-Nirvana. Anything out of the ordinary. Mentally lumped into punk rock.

At least in my pre-teen mind.

Youth Crew. Posi. Or Straight Edge for that matter. Not even blips on the radar.

7 Seconds - New Wind. Acquired from Livewire. For Mike A. Tune the children in beyond The Cure.

[Image via www.juicemagazine.com]

No comments: