Tuesday, March 11, 2008

This Is Not a Fugazi T-shirt

I always wanted to own a "This Is Not a Fugazi T-shirt" t-shirt, but before I got around to it I developed a case of "principles." I admired their five dollar shows, cheap compact discs and records. How could I go against their punk rock ethos and wear such a shirt?

I was eighteen. What did I know?

I really wish I had one now.

And not for the irony. I'm just nostalgic.

I remember my friend Christian owning one. It was white, with a teal-ish print.

That is the one that sticks in my head.

I believe the last time I saw it was at Lollapolooza in 1994. It was paired with orange New Deal (Big Deal?) jeans. Over sized and oh so ugly.

Fugazi - Demo 1987
. I only recently acquired this. I never owned the tape. Dubbed or otherwise. For Mike A.

[Image via www.sunshinejoy.com]

3 comments:

Pharoah said...

I have a long sleeve Fugazi "You Are Not What You Own" t-shirt. I've had it for about 15 years. It's in better shape than my Minor Threat l/s. We keep them for nostalgia's sake, you're right about that. I just can't throw them away.
I love your blog - I love the places you take the CD pics and the way you write the anecdotes.

Handsome Pete said...

I'm happy to hear you are enjoying it. Let me know if there is anything in particular that you are looking for that I might have.

Susuhunanan said...

are u referring to this t-shirt??let me know if u're interested..cheers..

http://susuhunanan.blogspot.com/2009/12/fugazi.html