Friday, August 15, 2008

Something More than a Sophomore Slump

There are albums that don't leave an impression.

Albums I forget I buy.

These are often second efforts. I've noticed.

Almost always. Following a popular. Hyped. Over-hyped. Release.

It's interesting my brother asked about this particular album.

Two weeks ago. I was laying in bed. Trying to remember if there was ever a second release.

I could remember a follow up single. An EP. I could picture it on the shelf. AKA recent releases.

I vaguely recalled. Something. I could not be certain.

Waking up. I forgot.

A few days later. It came back to me.

I checked my iTunes. There it was. A second album.

It left no impression on me. It came and went. I don't know if it left an impression on anyone. I never hear about it. Heard about it. Especially among my friends.

The first album had so much press. It was everywhere. This one. Destined to be underwhelming. Regardless of quality.

Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare
. Target. New.

No comments: