Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fall Out Boy Would Probably Be Considered a Guilty Pleasure and I'm Okay with That

I'm pretty sure Andy Hurley owes me a Van Halen LP. 1984.

It could have been another Andy. Andrew. Posting on the sxe-l. Circa 1995. 1996.

Another Andy involved with Racetraitor.

It's possible. Anything is.

I first heard about the band on the mailing list.

Before anything was recorded.

Promoting it. Promoting their politics. Questionable politics.

Less questionable at the time. For the era.

In fact. Somewhat in tune with my own.

Idealism.

A lot of talk about the band. Controversial.

Andy and Pete. The posters. The emailers. I think.

I don't want to swear to that. Swear to anything.

Trading on ten year memories. Of emails. On Telnet.

All I know. I never did get that LP.

Five dollars. Lost.

Racetraitor / Burn It Down - Make Them Talk. Trustkill.com. On sale.

No comments: