Sunday, August 3, 2008

It Was Either Sweat or Get Drunk

Heather picked me up. She didn't want to go alone.

The show was hot. So I made my way across the street.

I don't remember the name of the bar. I don't think I ever learned it. Nothing to remember.

The sign outside. Advertising Hurricane forties.

I sat down. Inquired if I could sit at the bar with a forty. Take out only.

A twelve ounce bottle of Colt 45 would have to do. With a shot of tequila.

The bartender was friendly. The ambiance. Not what I was used to. Framed photographs of Martin Luther King. Junior. Of Malcolm X.

The jukebox. Motown. Soul. I put my money in.

I spent a couple of hours in there. People from the show. Coming in and out. Heather would check on me. Occasionally. I was fine.

Colt 45. Tequila. Repeat.

Two minutes of Franklin.

Franklin - Building in A and E. AKA Music. Used.