Thursday, August 28, 2008

From Twenty-One to Twenty-Eight It Lasted for Days

I entered my twenty-first year with Roni Size.

The Theater of the Living Arts.

Along with Colin. Jen. Another. Others.

My birthday wasn't until midnight. That didn't stop me from buying a six pack at The Happy Hour.

Miller High Life.

I don't remember being particularly drunk. I also don't remember a lot about the show.

Instruments. Over electronics.

My birthday often occurred during spring break. My spring break. As well as others. It was nice to have people at home. To celebrate with.

The next day took me to Atlantic City. Out with Mike. Others.

The following day back to Syracuse. Out with a different Mike. Adam. Snowing. Of course.

Two days later. Saint Patrick's Day. Mike. Adam. Others.

The tone was set. The fourteenth through the seventeenth. Year after year.

Pushing myself. In the wrong direction. The wrong focus. The wrong goals.

Pushing self-destruction.

Roni Size/Reprazent - New Forms (Disc 1) (Disc 2). AKA Music. Bargain bin.

2 comments:

colinmcsherry said...

that show was good, opener was jumping jack frost if i remember correctly

Handsome Pete said...

I don't even remember the opener. Yet I swear I wasn't drunk.