Friday, August 1, 2008

No Limit Almost Ruined The South for Me

"Drop it like it's hot, drop drop it like it's hot."

Chris and I. Working at Abercrombie and Fitch. Fascinated by this kid. Listening to. Back That Ass Up.

Fascinated. Having a laugh.

"What is he? Fourteen?"

Imagine my surprise. Years later. Alex lending me Tha Carter II. Explaining.

He still rapped. Rapped well. One of the best.

I am never in the thick of rap music. Always the peripheral. Especially where The South is concerned.

Current acts. Releases. Mixtapes. I hear what I can. Buy what I like.

Lil Wayne eluded me. Since our laughter in the stockroom. Not that I was looking.

Here he was. Releasing something every week. Feels like that sometimes.

I went back to the beginning. Starting over. Making up for lost time. Disinterest. My ignorance.

Lil Wayne - Tha Carter III
. Target. New.

No comments: