Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I Don't Like the Term "Post-Hardcore," but for Lack of a Better One I Will Use It

A road to hardcore. Via post-hardcore.

Quicksand. Fugazi. Embrace.

These bands. Opened doors. Increased interest. In prior bands. Related bands. Other bands.

As mentioned on here before. I had been listening to hardcore. To me. To my friends. It was all punk rock. Minor Threat. Agnostic Front. 7 Seconds.

Everything was punk rock. Everything that wasn't "heavy metal." "Rap." "Pop." "New wave."

It was post-hardcore. That really lead me to hardcore. Hardcore as a genre. Then to straight edge. Ultimately veganism/vegetarianism.

And back again.

Post-hardcore. A contributing influence. In opening my eyes to other things. Other influences. Other genres. Other scenes. Away from hardcore.

One Last Wish - 1986. Princeton Record Exchange. Bargain punk.

No comments: