Friday, August 22, 2008

Have Sparks, Will Travel

The summer of 2004 took me to Wilkes-Barre for the Positive Numbers festival.

I met a lot of people that weekend. People who became good friends of mine.

Zombie. Mike. Bobb. In particular.

That weekend. Led me to the 570 Boards.

Cathy posted on there. I did not. Being from 215. And spending time in 718. 315.

This introduced me to even more people. Who became good friends.

It also introduced me to a lot of current. Newer. Hardcore.

Living in New York I had made my way back to hardcore. Coming out of my semi-retirement. Listening to American Nightmare. The Hope Conspiracy. It didn't go much farther than that.

Me. My friends. For the most part. Focused on what we knew. The past.

The 570 Boards changed that.

It. The board. The people. Showed me current bands. Current for the time. R'N'R. Mental. Righteous Jams. RZL DZL. War Hungry.

I started buying a lot of hardcore. New hardcore. Again.

It's slowed down. It hasn't stopped.

R'N'R - The Infamous and Notorious. Princeton Record Exchange. Bargain punk.

No comments: