Tuesday, July 1, 2008

While You Wait for Chinese Democracy, Please Enjoy This Cover of Sweet Child O' Mine

Listening to WXPN. WPRB. Perhaps a piece on NPR.

Leaning towards one of the first two.

Although. There was more. Than just a song. Interview. Discussion. Making NPR a possibility.

It was the first time I had heard them. Or even heard of them.

Before I knew anything about Galaxie 500. That came later.

Moving backwards through careers.

At the time. The band had no history to me. They stood on their own.

I made a decision. That Kim would enjoy this band.

I had no reason to think this. Her tastes were decidedly female-fronted.

Yet here I was. Deciding. Pushing it. Actively.

I wasn't forceful. A suggestion. I don't think I went so far. As to buy her an album. I might have. It would have been Bewitched.

Luna - The Days of Our Nights
. eBay. Used.

2 comments:

Brett said...

not sure if you "take requests" but...have you ever come across Luna's 'Slide' in your travels? I only had it on cassette and would love to get mp3's.

diggin the blog. good music.

Handsome Pete said...

I do take requests. However. I do not have Slide.

I will be putting Bewitched and Penthouse up in the next few days. Or so.

As well as some Galaxie 500.

This post introduced my brother to Luna. And he's been enjoying it. So he's getting more Wareham than I'm sure he wants.

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the blog. I'm sorry I can't help with the request.