Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Anything and Everything Was Getting Signed in the Early Nineties

The sticker is on my mirror.

The mirror in my room. At my parents' house.

Fittingly. A glittering. Purple. Metal. Flake. Sticker.

It came packaged with the compact disc. When I originally bought it. New.

Fifteen years ago.

It was never an album that stuck out. Never an album I would listen to.

I was fifteen. Sixteen years old. A random purchase. Because of the Sub Pop connection.

It was a disappointing purchase.

I kept the album. In my collection. For a few years. I had trouble selling it. It followed me to Syracuse. Where. Ultimately. I sold it.

It had never grown on me.

Recently. I came across a copy. I have been repurchasing a lot of albums from my past. Albums that were sold. Albums I could never get into.

Still. Nothing stands out. Although it is better than I remember. It will never be essential listening. And it isn't essential to own. I'm glad I do though. Filling in the blanks. Gaps. From my childhood.

In fifteen years. I'll try again.

The Fluid - Purplemetalflakemusic. AKA Music. Bargain bin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the fluid roadmouth record and its the exact same scenario.

Handsome Pete said...

I will have to seek out a copy of this as well.

To be further wowed by mediocrity.

I know very little about their output. This album. The Nirvana split. And Sub Pop 200 track.