Sunday, July 27, 2008

It Could be Construed as not Supporting the Artists

I didn't call ahead. My arrival. Based on prior experience.

Timing is everything. An attempt to see the act I wanted to see. Nothing else.

The set times on the door. Confirmed.

I had timed things accordingly.

It wasn't very busy. Standing. Waiting.

A ginger ale. Another.

Finding at spot at the bottom of the stairs.

The music begins.

This doesn't sound like her. This definitely isn't her. I thought my timing was perfect. Something was wrong.

Timmy comes down the stairs. He explains.

They are doing a split set. They share band members. He too. Disappointed. He was there for her. I was there for her. Timing. Beyond my control.

The band. Not bad. Not what I came for.

She came out. A song here. A song there.

Timmy left. I held out.

I'm glad I did.

Soon. She took the stage. Some members left the stage. She was the focus.

The set. Split the other direction.

What I had come for.

Lykke Li - Little Bit
. Johnny Brenda's. New.

No comments: