Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Who Knows How Much Rebuying Albums Has Cost

The album came out as I was moving away from hardcore and its associated acts.

I owned it. I enjoyed it. Yet because of where my tastes were. And were going to. Never a lot of plays.

It collected dust on my shelf. Finally sold.

Since I enjoyed the album. The band was always in the back of my mind. Something I wouldn't think about. For years.

A few months ago I saw they were playing a show. I was surprised to see they were still around. Which in this environment means they have come back around. After being away.

No longer relegated to the "sold bands" portion of my brain. I casually started looking for the album. Or any album for that matter. I assumed they had released additional full-lengths.

In the midst of looking for used Lungfish discs I remembered to check for Bluetip.

There it was. Ten years on. Dischord No. 101. And another. And then another.

No. 101. No. 116. No. 126. Twelve dollars.

Bluetip - Dischord No. 101. AKA Music. Used.

No comments: