Saturday, October 18, 2008

Eating Crow, Again

After my first listen. I dismissed them.

This was a few years ago.

I might have called them the worst band in the world.

Actually. I know I did.

Listening to off-hand remarks. Made by me. There are many. Many. Worst bands in the world.

In this case. They really aren't.

I was fed up with all things Brooklyn.

Now that I think about it. I don't even know if they are from Brooklyn. I know they are from New York. For the era. Everything seemed Brooklyn.

TV on the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain. Gift to Cathy. New.

2 comments:

Matt Wrote This said...

my friend Tom (who knows your friend Aileen and was in a band with her at Syracuse) had a band called Comedown, and for a while, they rehearsed in the same rehearsal space as TVOTR. I believe they actually lived in Woodside, near Tom, at the time Tom met them.

The Brooklyn thing came about as everything cool seemed to be coming from Brooklyn, so even Comedown, at the end, was "from Brooklyn".

Handsome Pete said...

Interesting. I didn't live too far from Woodside. That's funny your friend knows Aileen. Small world.