Saturday, October 25, 2008

I Lied Before, Now Some More Embrace

It is probably their most popular release.

At least among people I know.

People who never listened to them. Many of them made this their first purchase.

I already owned the previous full-lengths.

The album was on my list of things to buy. My plan was to pre-order it from Amazon.com.

It didn't happen.

I know people who loved it. The same people encouraged me to make the purchase.

It didn't happen.

I even bought the follow up.

It still didn't happen.

I held it in my hand many times. Various used sections. New York. Pennsylvania. New Jersey.

Three years later and a $1.99. It happened.

Embrace - Out of Nothing (Disc 1) (Disc 2). Princeton Record Exchange. Bargain rock.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog btw. I enjoy the Princeton Record Exchange stories. Can you repost some of the earlier Embrace stuff (i.e the singles)?

Thanks!

Handsome Pete said...

I am happy to hear you are enjoying the blog.

Let me know if you want any singles in particular and I will work on reposting them over the next week or so.

Anonymous said...

I would be interested in the "Come Back To What you Know" and "One Big Family" singles in particular. Thanks again!

Handsome Pete said...

Keep an eye out for them. They should be up soon.