Friday, October 3, 2008

Justified Because It Was a Fest of Sorts, But as for the Other Shows, No

I had always said "If they get back together, I will see them play. Anywhere."

They did. I didn't.

I've said that about a lot of bands.

Stone Roses. Happy Mondays. The Libertines. Abba. The Smiths. Judge.

If given the opportunity. Each will likely end with the same result.

Making a trip. Spending the money. On any of them. Doubtful.

In the case of My Bloody Valentine. It was actually accessible.

Not even that pushed me to follow through on my proclamation.

I didn't even look into it.

I listened to but never saw them during their first run.

Here was an opportunity to change that.

Squandered.

My Bloody Valentine - Feed Me with Your Kiss
. eBay. Used.

5 comments:

sam said...

I went. Second night. Worth the beans.

Handsome Pete said...

Oh. I'm sure it was. Sadly I'm very cheap. And even more lazy.

I will kick myself over this one.

Stephen said...

yeah dude, i almost slept on going to see them, but i'm glad i didn't. definitely a surreal experience.

Anonymous said...

i went to the atp festival they curated. it was like, 10 times more money than the ny show(s). completely, utterly worth it.

Handsome Pete said...

I hate all of you.