Sunday, October 12, 2008

In a Bed and Breakfast, Scanning the Stations

The new album took me by surprise.

I didn't know anything about it. Until I heard "Regret" over and over as the family traveled England and Ireland.

A few months later. I bought it.

It moved to the top of my New Order rotation. My favorite listen for the summer of 1993.

Seth and I spent a lot of time hanging out at Megan's that summer. He liked her. I did too. He had greater success.

I vaguely remember the announcement on the radio. New Order was playing. I thought about going. I went to Megan's instead.

It never crossed my mind that the show would be sold out. I never found out if it was.

I don't even know. To this day. If the show ever existed.

New Order - Republic. The Wall. New.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

regret is possibly my favorite new order song. if i were ever to write a movie it would be playing at some point in the film.

Handsome Pete said...

The first four songs on the album are the strongest open to any New Order record.

Stephen said...

I'm inclined to agree. That song 'World' is also awesome. I would say, 'Regret' is only rivaled by 'Age of Consent' as their best album opener.

Handsome Pete said...

After "Regret" I always loved "Spooky."

I should put the "World" single up. I'm 99.9% sure I have it.