Sunday, June 22, 2008

Acquiring the Recorded Output of J. Spaceman and Sonic Boom Is Not Cheap

Many posts ago. A month. Or two. Or three.

I mentioned my dislike of Spectrum. In what context. I can't remember.

It has always been more disinterest. Than dislike.

Based on prior ownership of Forever Alien.

As stated in the post. I was willing to reanalyze my position. Some time had passed. Since my last listen. And selling of the disc. On eBay.

Within days. I found a used copy at AKA.

Things were meant to be.

I enjoyed them more. This time around.

It made me wonder. Had I confused them with E.A.R.?

Was my disinterest with E.A.R.?

I have only owned one E.A.R. release. Because Kevin Shields appeared on it.

That's the same reason I own an album by The Beat Up.

And the Fear Satan Remixes. (Mogwai.)

So. I've come to terms with Spectrum. A favorite. No. A lot better than I remembered. Yes.

Which brings me back to E.A.R.

Standing in AKA yesterday. Discounted discs. Best of Jesus Jones. Double disc. In my hand. I see an E.A.R. import. Perhaps the time to re-evaluate.

Eighteen dollars. Two songs. Perhaps not. Going forward. I'll be looking.

I put Jesus Jones back.

And raided the bargain bin.

Spectrum - Forever Alien
. AKA. Used.

No comments: