Friday, September 5, 2008

Sticky Buttons and a Slow Hinge

At the end of my shift I packed my bag. Placing an extra Rock Star inside.

Something to drink in the morning.

The problem could have started then and there. Or anytime between then and there and midnight.

Arriving home. Dropping the bag on my bed.

I went upstairs to eat. Go about my business. My business is television.

Time to sleep.

Moving my bag. I notice dampness. I notice wetness. I notice a full-on soaking.

Opening my bag. A Rock Star calamity. Bills. Paperwork. Compact disc maxi-single. All are wet. All have taken on a yellowish hue. Familiar among the energy drinking public.

My phone. My iPod. Not present. My Discman was.

Yes. I continue to use a Discman. My no frills, yet sensible Focus. Tape deck only.

Drying the Discman. It appeared to be over. It wouldn't play. Into the trash.

Going to bed. Thinking it might not be so easy to find a new one.

Waking up. I remove it from the trash. No luck.

Back into the bag.

The next day. One last try.

Success. Tuesday. Driving again like it was 1994.

Morrissey - Now My Heart Is Full
. AKA Music. Bargain bin.

No comments: