Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ratio

75/25. My entirely unscientific estimate of gay to straight at the show.

It was the Nightlife tour. One half of the show featured wigs. The wigs of the album art.

I was elated to finally see them. I don't always have the best luck when it comes to seeing long-loved artists. Recalling New Order and Erasure.

Success. The show was a great size. The crowd enthusiastic.

I may never see them again. Lack of touring maybe. More likely my lack of going.

At thirty-one live music sometimes feels like a chore. I'm probably alone in that.

Pet Shop Boys - New York City Boy (Single 2)
. Virgin Megastore. New.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

At 27 live music feels like a chore to me, so I don't think you're alone in that. I blame hardcore for it because everything is boring in comparison. I also blame hardcore for ruining my attention span in a live setting.

Handsome Pete said...

It was bad in my mid to late-twenties, but it's only gotten worse.

Half way through a show I find myself looking at my watch. Waiting to leave. Hoping for a single encore.

Even with bands I love.

I'm washed up.