Friday, January 30, 2009

Hipster Shit

The corner by the window seemed like a good place to set up for the evening. They were my preferred seats. Off the beaten path, away from the heavy foot traffic of the inside, outside, up and down.

We were there there to see Sweatheart. Actually, Cathy and Cena were there to see Sweatheart. I was there because that's what I did at night.

I don't know why they were playing upstairs at 700. It didn't matter to me. I had no desire to see that "hipster shit."

I stayed downstairs as planned. Cathy went up for a few minutes. She informed me the whole thing was pretty terrible.

Cena loved it.

This was a few years ago.

Last month Cathy picked up their disc. Cheap.

Every disc that enters the house, regardless of who buys it, gets a listen. So Cherri was no different, even with my reservations.

The album was better than I expected. In fact, I found myself enjoying a number of the tracks.

I still don't regret sitting the performance out.

Sweatheart - So Cherri. AKA Music. Bargain bin.

No comments: