Monday, January 26, 2009

Eventually, Syracuse Just Up and Left

Sean organized the show at the Wescott Community Center.

The line up was the Ink & Dagger/Botch/Nineironspitfire tour.

Ink & Dagger and Botch were known quantities. I owned their records. I loved their records.

Nineironspitfire were relatively unknown to me.

I knew of the band through the SXE-L. Through IRC. Through word of mouth. I knew they were ex-Undertow. As for the sound, I didn't know what I was in for.

In the late nineties, you never knew what you would get at a hardcore show.

They were a pleasant surprise. Not at all like Undertow, a band I run hot and cold on even today.

Sean or Sean or Ryan or Brian told me one guy in the band was a collector of Nazi memorabilia.

Something that has always stuck with me. Because he was black.

Nineironspitfire - Seventh Soul Sacrificed
. Generation Records. Used.

No comments: