Thursday, January 15, 2009

CSFB

It turned out we were both students at Syracuse at the same time. Some overlap. My time was scattered and short.

After a couple of months of being cubicle neighbors, we finally came to this realization.

This explained the constant "he looks familiar" thoughts.

Finally an answer. All it took was some asking.

We had some mutual friends. Mutual interests. Similar taste in music. At least in the past. Our current tastes were a little different. Allowing us to introduce each other to new bands.

Did I know Pretty Girls Make Graves? (I did not.) They were ex-Murder City Devils. (This also meant nothing to a U.K./Britpop/Madchester obsessed me.)

Did I know Orchid? (I did not.) They are on Ebullition. (That I know.)

He explained their lyrics were about art. I'm not so sure if that should have been a selling point. It was. Aided by the Ebullition tag.

Orchid - Dance Tonight! Revolution Tomorrow! / Chaos Is Me
. Generation Records. Used.

No comments: