Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rain, Shine, Ends in Mud

On the grass at The Mann Music Center.

The Butthole Surfers opened.

I always enjoyed shows at The Mann.

That statement includes The Steve Miller Band.

The Tweeter Center (or whatever corporate sponsor currently holds naming rights) doesn't have the same feel. Under cover or on the grass.

There are still shows at The Mann that interest me. They are few and far between. The chances of me going, still fewer and farther.

Fairmount Park will always be a nicer setting than Camden.

Maybe that's just me.

Stone Temple Pilots - Thank You. AKA Music. Bargain bin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at that show and just talking about it the other day. You know who else played? The Flaming Lips. You know who I didn't appreciate till 10 years later? The Flaming Lips.

Handsome Pete said...

I knew someone else played. I couldn't remember who. Now I know.