Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Chevy

Imagine my surprise when I heard Dodgy during the commercial break.

I was watching football.

It seemed to be a strange and random choice for a truck advertisement.

"Are they playing Dodgy? I think that's Dodgy in the background."

I often wonder how certain songs make their way into commercials. Particularly older songs that were never exactly hits in America.

Hip and upcoming artists I can understand. Apple. Volkswagen.

But Dodgy? Really?

I hope they saw an increase in sales because of the campaign. Probably not.

Dodgy - Ace A's + Killer B's. AKA Music. New.

1 comment:

kismet78 said...

a creative at the agency or a savvy music producer at the ad agency. i help pick tracks sometimes. if you see a commercial with phoenix or silversun pickups in the near future, blame this girl...