Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Pop Will Not Be Eating Itself

I grabbed the 808 State disc knowing it was 808 State.

The problem with that. I thought I was buying Pop Will Eat Itself.

Or at the very least, the sound of Pop Will Eat Itself.

I saw the 808 State disc. My mind went "grebo."

I had been looking for it. At least I thought I had been looking for it.

That night I realized my mistake. 808 State was 808 State. Nothing to do with grebo. Nothing to do with Pop Will Eat Itself.

All was not lost. I managed to pick up an album featuring Bernard Sumner and Bjork.

My mistake netted me a better album. An unexpected success.

Pop Will Eat Itself continues to elude me.

808 State - EX:EL
. AKA Music. Bargain bin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out Chalice & Ting:

http://chaliceandting.blogspot.com/

Not prolific but fair bit of PWEI...

Handsome Pete said...

Very cool stuff on there. Thank you.