Sunday, December 21, 2008

I'll Find Out Thursday

A lot of time was spent at Sound Garden in Armory Square.

I was there at least once a week. Buying and selling compact discs.

Mostly buying. Although I'm not sure where I was getting the money.

Occasionally I had a job during the school year. My final semester, I didn't do much of anything. I completed Final Fantasy VII. I did not complete any of my coursework.

The lack of gainful employment did nothing to curb my spending. Imports. Full-lengths. Singles.

When it came to box sets. I exercised restraint. A sense of responsibility.

This. I regret.

I passed on two box sets in particular. They were pricey. I shouldn't have cared. I did.

Putting off the purchase. Always for next time. The Jam. The Style Council. No one would buy them. No one ever did.

Waiting for next time. And the next time.

There was never a next time.

I returned to Philadelphia. This time for good.

Paul Weller - Wild Wood
. Princeton Record Exchange. Bargain rock.

No comments: