Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Van Trouble, Lateness and Cro-Mags

Earth Crisis and Both Worlds at the Trocadero.

We were there for Earth Crisis. We. Colin. Me.

I didn't know anything about Both Worlds. We didn't know anything about Both Worlds.

They weren't bad. I didn't have the most discerning tastes in 1995/1996. I still don't think they're bad.

To me. At the time. Just another band.

I didn't even realize it was John Joseph until late in the set.

The Both Worlds set went on. And on. Earth Crisis was late. Van trouble. Apparently.

To fill the time. Both Worlds began to do Cro-Mags songs. The crowd went nuts.

I went less nuts then. Compared to today. I was there for Earth Crisis. I was a casual fan of the Cro-Mags. I gained a greater appreciation as I got older.

Now. I have a history of remembering bands doing Cro-Mags sets. Cro-Mags songs. I often doubt my memories. Although they have been verified in the past. I still doubt my memories.

I left the show with a bloody nose. I think I had my mom's car. This was a concern.

Both Worlds - Memory Rendered Visible
. Princeton Record Exchange bargain rack.

2 comments:

colinmcsherry said...

i think u are correct and i think i got to drive ur mom's car home from the show. i loved her green volvo...classic color combo, although nothing touches the white and red of the wagon

Handsome Pete said...

You are correct sir. That was a great Volvo.

Maybe one of the last before Ford ruined the brand.

That isn't true. I still love Volvos. They just aren't what they once were.