Friday, May 2, 2008

Credit Goes to VH1 Classic

Watching VH1 Classic. Their "video" came on. It was the standard "video" aired for bands of the era.

Live footage. Or lip sync footage. From an American Bandstand, Soul Train, Top of the Pops. And their equivalents.

I liked what I saw. Going forward I would casually look for releases.

This was prior to Seth's wedding. My parents were going as well. I took the train down early. A day or two in D.C.

Before the wedding. Fourth of July wedding. Fourth of July weekend rather. In Maryland.

Possibly the same trip as Dizzee Rascal and The Streets. Possibly not.

I arrive early. I often did. Chad was still at work. I picked up his keys. Took the Metro to Arlington. Dropped off my bags. It was hot. Sweaty hot. D.C. hot.

I made my way back into town. There was a bar next to Chad's office. I have spent many hours in there. Waiting for him to finish work. This particular day. I made an early appearance.

Around lunch. Maybe mid-afternoon. I had food. Drinks. More drinks.

I made a friend. As afternoon drinkers tend to do. He had lived in South Africa. And Australia. We talked. He put on The Easybeats. We talked more. He was shocked I had heard of them. This went on for an hour or so. No substance. Drinks. Easybeats. South Africa. Australia. I couldn't contribute on the last point.

I was useless by the time Chad arrived. The night had just started.

The Easybeats - The Very Best of The Easybeats. Christmas 2007. Finally.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeh... Friday On My Mind... I know this one

Handsome Pete said...

My dad said the same thing when I opened it on Christmas.

Anonymous said...

"Come In, You'll Get Syphilis"... has a nicer ring to it, doesn't it? : P