Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hellfest

When I heard about the bands reuniting for the Hellfest-That-Never-Was a few years ago, I considered going.

It worked out for me anyway. When Hellfest didn't happen I was able to see 108 and Lifetime in the city. They were the two bands I really wanted to see. Any others would have been a bonus.

If I remember correctly, Mean Season was also supposed to play the Hellfest-That-Never-Was. I found this curious because I couldn't imagine who out there was clamoring for a Mean Season reunion. I had liked the band, and still do. But I had never considered them particularly noteworthy.

Nor did I consider them a band that a lot of people remembered fondly.

I think they continue to play shows. So there must be a market out there I'm unaware of. Maybe I am that market.

Mean Season - Grace. Amazon.com. Used.

No comments: