Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Facebook

Michael: Lets be honest, Endpoint wasn't that good. In fact, looking back they were absolutely TERRIBLE. Chamberlin on the other hand...

Casey: I do not agree with this at all.

Brandon: chamberlin/split lip were not very good. endpoint is classic.

Michael: Seriously, sleep on it. I never thought I would think that either, but I was listening to Falling Forward this morning in the car and came to this conclusion (I know FF has nothing to do with endpoint really...just made me think about them).
Think about it though, when was the last time you listened to Endpoint? I listen to Chamberlin somewhat often.

Nick: Chamberlain still hold up for me, especially the moon/exit 263. endpoint i can't even listen to a song all the way through anymore. they aged TERRIBLY. By The Grace Of God, now thats a horse of a different color

Michael: Nick I completely agree with you. BTGOG aged like a vintage wine.

Nick: the intro to "boy and the river", in the year 2009, makes me want to break boards over my head. so intense.

Peter: I actually received an Endpoint disc in the mail a week or two ago. I never liked them and decided it was time to re-analyze.

Now Chamberlin never did much for me. Bumpkincore.

David: Fuck that, Chamberlain is artsy crap. Endpoint split with sunspring and catharisis are amazing. besides split lip would never have been anything if they weren't trying to be .EP> SL may have been better muscians but Rob and Duncan are two of the most sincere people in midwest hardcore.

Peter: Was there ever a Sunspring full length? And was it ever pressed to compact disc? I can't find it anywhere (if it even exists).

Frank: Hate to admit it, but aside from a handful of EP songs I'm with Luce on this one.

David: Your both being art-bags, .EP> was the shit. Watch a video of a live song endpoint was never recorded well. They destroyed live.

Michael: Ags, I'm sure The Vandals killed it live, but that doesn't mean they are good. Besides, I can't believe I'm arguing with you on this, you once considered "Star Trek the ultimate Treatise on racial equality."

I stick by what I said. Last time I listened to them my reaction was... "really?"

Marie: WOW. I CAN'T believe you just dissed Endpoint. Wow. mike. you might just NOT be seeing me on Wednesday now =)

Endpoint - After Taste. Amazon.com. Used.

4 comments:

Stephen said...

Loved Endpoint as a kid, but I can't even remember the last time I listened to them. Chamberlain on the other hand is one of my favorite bands ever. I don't even really like the Split Lip stuff. Poorly aged early 90's bore-core. Give me that cowboy boots wearing shit.

Handsome Pete said...

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this Endpoint purchase. Especially since I was always so "meh" on them during their heyday.

I was never a fan of Chamberlain. But I probably would be today. Cowboy boots and all that.

mcs said...

There were two Sunspring Cds as far as I am aware... "Poppy" (their only full length) and "Orange" (some kind of compilation of odds and ends). Endpoint are good.

Handsome Pete said...

I will have to seek them out. Thank you!