Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Listed

A Select magazine purchased sometime around 1999-2001 came with a compilation compact disc.

This was common. And introduced me to a number of bands, both domestic and overseas.

This particular compilation featured Alpinestars. I took an immediate interest in them. They were added to page one of my three page "things to buy" list. Items were added alphabetically. Searching from A-Z or Z-A depending on the week.

I would come across B.A.S.I.C. on occasion. Passing it over due to cost.

Alpinestars continued to sit towards the top of the list. Year after year.

Eventually the list became unwieldy. It was broken down into multiple lists, each utilized depending on my musical moods.

My need for Alpinestars faded away.

They were forgotten until a bi-weekly bargain bin hunt put them into my hand. The price was right. I had to make the purchase.

Alpinestars - White Noise. AKA Music. Bargain bin.

No comments: