Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ten Years

Pre-eBay/Amazon, or at least pre-my use of eBay/Amazon, I would order compact discs directly from the United Kingdom. Via air mail.

As a rule these weren't companies, but individuals.

Every week I would receive a list of releases in my email. My well-hidden cash would make its way to Europe.

This is the manner in which I bought my first few Super Furry Animals releases.

This is the manner in which I bought The International Language of Screaming. A new single.

Radiator was available for order. I didn't have the money for a full-length. I'd order it next time.

I kept putting it off. And putting it off.

Over the years I acquired every single from the album. I acquired other albums. Never Radiator.

A few weeks ago Cathy saw it at AKA. She asked me if I owned it. I informed her I did not.

I made the purchase. A gaping hole in their discography had been filled.

Since making the purchase, a new album was released. Another hole to fill.

Not to mention the one prior to that.

Terrible fan.

Super Furry Animals - Radiator. AKA Music. Used.

No comments: