Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Footnote

In the dark days before the Internet, Thrasher was an excellent source for discovering new bands. It was in an issue of Thrasher that I first read about Therapy? I began to seek out their releases, which at the time, required a lot more legwork than clicking on Amazon and ordering on a whim.  I eventually found one at one of my favorite independent records stores - Newtown Book and Record Exchange, Positively Records, Princeton Record Exchange or some place in New Hope - although I forget which one exactly.

I loved Therapy? They're definitely a good band, and hold up surprisingly well. But for a band that will probably be nothing more than a footnote in nineties alt-rock/hard rock, I don't know why I took such a shine to them. I think they even made their way to the once-legendary Judgment Night soundtrack.

I liked them so much I even managed to see them live at the Trocadero. I couldn't have been more than sixteen.

Therapy? - Hats Off To the Insane. AKA Music. Bargain bin.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Ahhh, Screamager! That takes me back.