Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fireworks

I spent a lot of time in Canada during the late-nineties. Because of this I had a good bit of exposure to The Tragically Hip.

I couldn't tell you why, but something about a Canadian band referencing hockey in a song resonated with me. I don't really care about hockey. But I was an instant fan of "Fireworks."
If there's a goal that everyone remembers, it was back in ol' 72
We all squeezed the stick and we all pulled the trigger
And all I remember was sitting beside you
You said you didn't give a fuck about hockey
And I never saw someone say that before
I'm under the impression that The Tragically Hip have only had moderate success here in The States. Which is a shame. I think they're a fairly solid rock band. The only time I've encountered American fans they generally hail from Buffalo. 


No comments: